In this age of technology, people tend underestimate the power of a handwritten thank you card. A handwritten thank you note shows your determination to go out of your way to thank a person. That you took the time to sit down and write a special message to someone who deserves it.
Finding the perfect words to thank all the generous people who gifted you during your celebration is not always easy. And, let’s face it, is not always the most fun. It can quickly turn into a daunting task.
Don’t worry, it can be easy! There are 4 main parts to writing your note. Let this guide help you construct the perfect Thank You notes for all your guests.
There are a variety of ways you can open your letter. “Dear” is a pretty common way to start your letter. But if you are closer to the individual try just using their name or even a nickname to make it more personal.
2. Thank You Statement
Your thanks should always appear at the beginning of your message. Try starting with a short statement. It may seem like only two short words but there are many creative ways to say Thank You. Here are some ideas:
• I am moved by your thoughts and actions!
• Words are not enough to express my thanks.
• You know us too well, your gift was perfect.
• Thanks for taking the time to think of me.
• Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will always treasure.
• I cannot express how much your generosity means to us.
3. Personal Message
After your statement of thanks follow it with a short message specifically discussing the gift given. These are some examples to get you started. It may even be helpful to pair two or more together to make a complete message.
• Thank you for adding to the joy of our wedding with your warm wishes and thoughtful gift. We love the (add gift here) and how they look in our new home.
• Many sincere thanks go to you for such a thoughtful gift. I can tell that you truly enjoy giving to others.
• You made me feel so special when I opened your gift. I know that you spent time, effort, and energy to make sure it was awesome. You nailed it!
• I am continuously surprised by your ability to outdo yourself with gifts. You are amazing.
Use a warm and personal sign off with your name. Take a look at some of these:
• Best Wishes
• Kind Regards
• With gratitude
• God bless
• Lots of Love
• All My Love
Good luck writing your Thank you notes! Just remember these 4 steps to writing your notes and it will be a breeze!